Please note that the PDF version must be filled out and turned in. This version is text only.
R4 GreenPower Form
- Decide Amount to Purchase
- Complete Application
- Submit Application to Your Utility
CMPCS R4 GreenPower Application
Daytime Phone Number:
CMPCS R4 GreenPower Product Information
Green pricing programs such as CMPCS R4 Renewable GreenPower are based on the buying and selling of renewable energy certificates (RECs). Each kilowatt-hour of electricity generates one REC.
CMPCS utilities purchase additional RECs on behalf of GreenPower customers to offset an equivalent amount of conventional (non-renewable) generation sources in the electric transmission grid. Once RECs are used for this purpose, they are retired.
RECs purchased and retired are from the Wolf Wind Farm in Nobles County, MN.
- Yes! I want to buy a 100 kWh block of CMPCS R4 Renewable GreenPower for $2 a month. Please add the charge to my electric utility bill.
- Yes! I want to buy a 200 kWh block of CMPCS R4 Renewable GreenPower for $4 a month. Please add the Charge to my Electric utility bill.
- Yes! I want to buy a 300 kWh block of CMPCS R4 Renewable Green Power for $6 a month. Please add the charge to my electric utility bill.
My commitment is for a minimum period of 12 months, and I understand that my commitment is automatically renewed on an annual basis until I notify my municipal utility in writing to end my participation.